Completed the install of the Maretron RIM100 to count bilge pump activation’s. I used posts to connect pumps to power/sensor wires because there are 3, and in one case, 4 wires coming together. So its busy. This will make replacing the pumps much easier as well.
I try to avoid inline fuses but in this case it made the most sense. Put an inline fuse on the (+) sensing wire.
Spent some time figuring out how to configure the Maretron DSM410 to get the new bilge information showing the way I want. I decided on two new screens (one for each bilge pump). The upper half is an Indicator->Status which means it lights up when the pump is activated. The lower half is the Counter.
I may revisit this in the future because I can also monitor other bilge things such as; ‘is there power for the bilge’ (the fuse may be blown – in which case the top of the screen will light up red) and ‘is the high water switch causing the activation – in which case the top of the screen will light up red).
The RIM100 can also be used to monitor other things (ie fresh water pump, lights, frig, etc) but I have no plans to do any of that.
The down side of the RIM100 is that the NMEA2000 must be powered for it to monitor/count. So I will probably leave another breaker On – pretty much all of the time. I guess I will turn it Off if I want to save power while at anchor.