The removal of the anchor light switch (its now on the dash) left a hole in the mast. I patched this with a bit of cedar.
I contacted the mill about the trim that I ordered for the wheel house. It seems they will be getting to it soon. So I decided to do more work to prepare the hand rail as that will get reinstalled at the same time as the new trim. I used some fir for this as I do not have any teak. I will fine tune this during install.
I took another look at the bilge. I sucked all out with the shop vac. I seem destined to have a wet bilge – for now!
A number of ‘bleeders’ started to show. All are on the starboard and port side of the bow. I decided to do a soft sand and a quick coat of paint. Most of the time was spent moving the boat around so I could work these areas.
I dove into the trunk. The main goal was to make this vast area better for organized storage. I found an emergency tiller. It can not work on this boat (unless removing the nut at the top of the tiller post is an option). Even still – It can probably be made to work in the future so I freshened it up. In the meantime a pipe wrench works (as long as the nut remains, more-or-less, rusted on).
Installed a ‘level’ floor in the trunk. Added 4 storage bins (1 hidden from view), and the ‘extra’ folding furniture (tucked in beside the water tanks).