Installed a garbage can in the forward head. This is larger than I would have liked but it fits so nice I had to put it in there.
I have started to convert the wooden box that used to house the autopilot controls. The idea is to screw a teak toilet paper dispenser to the bottom and have this be the garbage can for the aft head. Not sure about this however. On pause.
My original idea of using an alcohol stove (Origo 3000) instead of propane for off-grid camping failed and I have yet to come up with a better solution so I have installed an old 2 burner camp stove – for now. Purchased a dish rack and found it stows well in with the counter top stoves. Tested the diesel stove and it seems to be working well – will know more when I try cooking on it.
The roof refresh and/or repair will not happen until April’ish so I covered it with a tarp (taped down with white duct tape) so I can use the boat until then.
Got the boat out of the house to test the stove, VHF and the GPS. The stove seems to work fine. The VHF GPS seems ok. Not sure about the VHF radio/new antenna as I did not hear anything on the radio and did not have anyone to test with. The GPS on the chart plotter seems to be unresponsive. I can connect to the VHF and get its GPS but I want to see the chart plotter GPS work. I will play with this more later.
A friend saw me coming into the dock (with mast back down) and took a picture. It is dirty but, even still, looks nice.