The 1st (of 2) Deutsch connector packages arrived. This one is all 2-pin DT. I will use these for the new engine wire harness. The next one is a variety of pins and DTM which I hope to use for the RBS’s and the ACR.
So, in theory, I can create the engine harness and get the boat running properly. However; I need space to run the wires and that space is going to come from removing the existing battery switch.
Most of the existing high amp wire at the old battery switch was able to be simply rerouted to the RBS’s.
I do not have to install the remote switches (yet) as each RBS (and the ACR) have a manual switch. This will do for next few weeks (and allow me to focus on the new engine harness).
I did not want to create a new engine wire harness but I want to use Deutsch connectors and I found that they did not fasten well to the existing wire (insulator being hard and wire having large and stiff braids).