I ordered some Deutsch DT connectors. I will use them to connect the engine to the boat. This is a much better solution than reusing the grimy open connectors. They will not get here until the end of the month (at best) so this effort is stalled.
I turned my attention to the high amp 12v stuff. I no longer have a keyed ignition so I need a switch to enable/disable the start battery (independently from the House). This can be done via a Blue Seas Remote Battery Switch (RBS) and I have a switch blank on the lower dash (next to the Start/Run/Stop switch) that would make a perfect location for the switch. I hope to also solve the issue of frying the alternator when turning off the system in the wrong order (hopefully by ensuring that the alternator is wired to an un-switched bus).
I will have to remove the existing battery selection switch so I may as well go ‘all in’ and install an RBS for the House as well. It will be simple to add an Automatic Charge Relay (ACR) at this point so I will do that also. I will put the switch for the House RBS and the switch for the ACR, together, in the breaker box.
I fired up my own program (as in I coded it) for the diagramming. Makes me wonder if I should write a special diagram for this purpose. I could add a lot of intelligence such as validation, awg recommendations etc., and provide smart objects (that know their specs). Hmm.
I went to the boat to see how much I would need to change (and where the new stuff would go). It turns out that almost all of it is perfect the way it is… its mostly about changing the switch and, possibly, the cable lengths for the cables attached to it… not much else.