I finally got around to spending a night on the boat. I happened to choose a colder than usual night. I started by trying to sleep in the starboard, forward, berth but I could not get comfortable as the bed was both too soft and too lumpy… so I switched to the port berth and that was much better.
I will have to get some plywood under the starboard mattress and try again.
Also; the 500w space heater was not, quite, strong enough keep it warm but at least it was not freezing. So when not on shore power during the winter – I will have to run the portable generator or consider installing a forced air heater. Lets hope the generator idea works fine.
Minimizing friction with the new wire. More to do on this. Once done I can cover the wires.
I put a panel over the D-Boxs under the sink to protect them from possible water leaks and stuff stored under there. I was then able to reinstall the cupboard door. I also put the aft head back together (will need to paint again to make that nice).
Nice day today so I pulled the boat (mostly) out of the boat house so I could raise the mast to do wiring and to test the diesel stove.
The radome has to go higher than the shrouds (or sufficiently below) to fit. I decided to install it below and marked this on the mast. The steam light will probably get installed on the spreader hardware (as there are a number of old holes there) or a little higher on the mast – either way – above the radome. The VHF/AIS antenna will get mounted even nearer the top.
Wrapping the wire in black hose to protect the wires but also because it looks better.
Stuff to order in the coming days;
- new toilet for forward head – to be installed upon arrival
- canvas for roof of wheel house – to be installed when warmer weather