I removed the temp power for the bilge pumps and put new in that is ‘closer to the batteries’ ie they will still have power when the ‘House’ is turned off. So not much more to do in the breaker panel box except try to make it neater (and reduce friction points as much as possible).
I got out the deutch connector stuff and got a very basic power connector together for the SeaGauge. There are two 12v IN (one for the unit in general and one for the NMEA2000) – I guessed which one was for general power and it seems to have been correct.
Installed the latest version of vDash on the laptop and connected the laptop to the SeaGauge using the ‘white’ USB cable. Unfortunately; I am missing a DLL (probably a driver) so I will have to look into that tomorrow.
I am pretty sure that I will be getting the Furuno chartplotter sooner rather than later and connecting it to the SeaGauge via NMEA2000.
I decided to make the beds and I found a large number of posters under one of the mattresses. Super cool – I love these. I have some favourites and I will have to decide what to do with those. The rest will get stored in a bin in the upper level of the boat house (at least for now).