A friend came by in the morning and we dropped in the new house batteries. I returned to the marina in the evening to connect them.
This allowed me to get rid of the portable battery and battery maintainer as the bilge pumps can now be run off the house system (at least for now).
I carried on from there. I connected all of the D-Boxes to the breaker panel.
I can make the wiring a bit neater – but not much – as I have to leave loose wire so I can pull back the panel.
In the process of doing all of this I had covered the temporary shore power cable with the carpet and I noticed that the cable was very hot – like not safe hot. Glad I caught that before I went home. I took the carpet off of it and – just in case – turned off space heaters completely.
I plan to connect/power the breaker panel tomorrow and then start testing the house system one breaker and one fuse at a time. I also want to audit myself with regard to the 120v system. I do not want to turn the charger/inverter system on (and connect to normal shore power) until I verify that there are no dangling wires. I do not have this problem with the 12v system as I know which fixtures (ie radome, steam light) are not installed yet and I will not install a fuse for them.