I installed clean runs for the wheel house ceiling light, and the port/starboard nav lights – neg and pos. Replacing screw on connectors with standard 12v auto connectors – without shrink wrap as these connections may need to get redone and there is a need to preserve the length of wire (no cutting old connectors off).
I started routing the wires into the dash to go through switches where needed. The neg wires by pass the dash and go straight through the floor and into the engine compartment where they rejoin the pos wires at a distribution/fuse box. Not shown here is a little bus bar installed in the dash for joining; stern, steam, port and starboard lights for a single ‘Nav Lights’ switch.
I am going to create dash panels out of ‘door skin’ but will replace them with black plastic/metal which will have the boat name and switch labels ‘etched’ into them. Working with a local sign company for this. I want the labeling to look professional. These will only be seen when running the boat as the wood panels will cover them (normally) otherwise. The door skin will allow me to provide a template to the sign company while also allowing me to use the boat until that happens (a couple of months).
Running new wire in the galley area. I am not doing clean runs here where existing is available as I have to ‘draw the line somewhere’. There is a new route for these wires (through the kitchen counter top) which will be hidden and the cover wood will be more substantial as there will be more wire here…. steam light, radar power, and VHF antenna.
Spent the day going to/from Vancouver so I could pickup the new house batteries.
I also purchased some oak cove trim while I was there (none on the Coast). No 1/2″ so I came home with 3/4″.