I received two purpose built telescopic supports for the tender canvas. Seems to work perfect. I doubt any water will pool on it now.
I have been picking away at replacing much of the 12v wiring and removing surplus. I have some time to do this because the two breaker panels will not be here for ‘4 -6 weeks’. I have ordered some nice wire labels but I have been using some green tape for now.
I removed more of the auto pilot system – the stern bit. Also crawled in and made myself familiar with the space. Found someone who is interested in the system for a boat that has same and needs the motor. The motor is the only bit remaining so I have asked him to take the motor out and leave with the entire system. He is to get back to me in a week or so. I suspect he is going to check in with a friend who has the need.
I made a second rubber gasket out of some thick rubber. This will allow me to spin on the glass front without having to get the threads that are ‘crossed’. So it should go on and off ‘hand tight’.
I guess Valerie has been googling. She shared a link to a boat publication circa 1929. Search for Seidelhuber or Mary-Mar-Ann (the original boat name).