I decided to change my focus a bit and start poking around the engine and the engine compartment in general.
I lifted up the floor boards in the engine compartment and the forward cabin…. most of it better than I expected and the remainder about what I expected to see.
Some stuff I noticed;
- The engine has a new water pump.
- The injector/fuel pump is leaking a bit (appears to be oil).
- There are many 12v connections made with electrical tape or screw-on’s. These will have to be switched to sealed connectors.
- The forward bilge pump works but the float switch does not.
- The bilge pumps are Jabsco pumps. They act like little “Shop Vac’s” getting water way down – nice.
- The aft bilge pump leaks when pumping.
- The electric toilet works off of the fresh water breaker.
- Pre battery-selector-switch wiring looks new and nice.