The fresh water system has a leak somewhere – maybe multiple (a tiny one in the aft cabin head sink). I know this because I turned off the water pump and the system lost pressure. I was hoping that this was the bulk of the water coming into the bilge but I now doubt that. I continue to get about 5 gallons of water every 24 hours into the bilge. I know this because I am sucking it out with a wet-vac regularly. I will try to isolate this so it can be known and sorted as need be.
Valerie ordered some new bedding and it has arrived. I like it and so she has ordered the same for the aft cabin.
I made some good progress on making the jar rack for the galley.
I could not get the; spot light, steaming light and stern light to work. My first thought was that the bulbs were blown. This does not appear to be the case. However; upon investigation – I found that the wood housing for the steaming light and the stern light were fragile due to age. The glass on the steaming light was broken and patched in. So I have ordered a new steaming and stern light.
I could not get into the spot light. The back appears to soldered and I could not unscrew the front. I can see the bulb and it looks ok. So I started opening up the dash and the fuse box to see what is going on. Some of the wire in the fuse box is original and there is plenty of quick fixes. It is so tempting to rewire the boat but I will avoid that for now. I think other things will be more important for now.
Purchased a new fender – now have 3 aside. Polished them up and put new fender lines on them – so they all match.
Put the stern cover on the back of the boat.
Sorted through the charts. I decided to sort them by publish date. I had some for most of the decades the boat has been around. I put the oldest ones (from around 1930) into a chart tube for preservation. The rest went into a regular plastic bin.